An early spring meal calls for lots of inspiring flavor, and COLOR!
With briny seafood, hot chili cashews, crispy vegetables, and juicy fruits, I’d say we have ourselves the perfect Colorful meal!
This dish is all about the color. You can swap out any of the ingredients, because the basic sauce and flavors will go with what-ever you choose to use, or have in your fridge.
Ingredients for Two:
- Shrimp – 2 cups
- Scallops – 2 cups
- Snow peas – a handful, be certain to remove the strings
- Carrots – multicolored, or simply orange, a handful, cut on the diagonal
- Pineapples – 2 cups, cut into long diagonal shapes
- Mandarin oranges – 1 cup
- Thai Hot Chili Cashews – 1 cup, (spice your own if you can’t find these)
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Teriyaki sauce – ¼ cup
- Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Brown rice – steamed and served on the side
Pour the sesame sauce in a frying pan or wok. Toss in garlic and seafood. Stir quickly and cover for just a few seconds. Add carrots. Cover for just a few seconds. Add the remaining ingredients, (saving the steamed rice for plate-up time). Give a quick stir, and this dish is ready to serve in less than 10 minutes cooking time.
This also makes for a great dish to prep ahead of time, simply by having all the ingredients cut and saved in separate containers. Cook time is fast!