Have you ever made to too of one dish, only to discover a whole new dish using those leftovers?!
Kibbeh stuffed with Pine nuts. We made too much stuffing. So… Brown Rice and Pine Nuts became a quick accompaniment to our Kibbeh dinner.
I think we will keep this recipe to make again, even when there is no stuffing being made. So YUM!
Kibbeh Stuffing is simply:
- Onion – 1 onion chopped fine
- Pine nuts – 4-8 ounces (depending on the amount of rice, but a little is better than none J
- Butter – 2-4 tablespoons, again depending on the amount of rice you are making
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add onions and let them soften. Add pine nuts and salt. Cook and stir just until the pine nuts begin to change color.
- Brown rice – 1 cup per four people
- Water – 1.5 cups of boiling water
Once the pine nuts are ready, add the rice and stir to incorporate.
Add boiling water. Stir. Cover, and let cook on medium low, about 35-40 until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is tender.
Delicious with Kibbeh!