( LOVE YOURSELF shirt can be obtained through www.LifeStyleBabe.com)
How would you feel about having a dessert that is loaded with healthy ingredients? Vegan Green Tea Crème Pie is just the dessert to satisfy! It’s loaded with nuts and fruit, spices and flavor. Once assembled, it keeps beautifully in the freezer and takes only minutes to soften enough to eat, AND you don’t have to be vegan to love it!
Assembly is in two parts:
- Optional chocolate drizzle
Mini spring-form pans make for the most professional presentation, and ease with which to serve, but baking papers in a muffin tin work just fine. (This recipe makes about 6 large muffin tin size pies)
- Dates – 1 cup pitted and chopped
- Walnuts – 1 cup
- Hemp – ¼ cup
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
Put all ingredients in a processor and grind to a chunky paste. Divide crust-paste among the dishes or pans. Press firmly on bottom, and about a half inch up the sides. Place in fridge to firm while working on filling.
- Avocado - 1
- Coco Butter Disks - (optional) 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Cream – 1 ½ cups (about one can)
- Lemon Juice – ¼ cup
- Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup - 2 tablespoons OR Honey if you are not restricted from its use
- Coconut Sugar – (best, but any sugar is fine) ½ cup
- Hemp Seeds – ½ cup
- Matcha Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cardamom – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger – ½ teaspoon
- Cashews - 2 cups (prepared as follows: crushed and soaked in water for at least one hour. Drain well, pressing the liquid through. If you would like to have cashew milk, use one quart of water for 2 cups of crushed nuts, reserve the liquid, bottle, and you have milk! Full Nut, Seed milk recipe in collection.)
Puree avocado, coco butter, coconut cream, and lemon juice. Once blended, add remainder ingredients and puree until it looks creamy. Divide among the prepared pans, smooth, and freeze until you are ready to serve.
If you would like a chocolate drizzle, simply melt a square of your favorite chocolate just before serving, dip a fork in, and drizzle drizzle drizzle!
Just a note about the new trend in America to use avocados with sweet dishes. While living in Brasil, I couldn’t believe they never ate avocados with lime, garlic, and cilantro, but rather pureed with sweetened condense milk desserts. Well, it finally caught on here in America!